Nano/ultrafine grained immiscible Fe-Cu alloy with ultrahigh strength produced by selective laser melting
Volume 9, Issue 6 | Pages: 247-254
Published online: 18 Feb 2021
Nano/ultrafine Fe grains containing Cu particles of 5 nm in size and 10 nm in spacing were achieved by SLM of Fe-Cu, resulting in an ultrahigh strength material.
6. Ordering-mediated local nano-clustering results in unusually large Hall-Petch strengthening coefficients in high entropy alloys
A. Jagetia, M.S.K.K.Y. Nartu, S. Dasari, A. Sharma, B. Gwalani & R. Banerjee
Volume 9, Issue 5 | Pages: 213-222
Published online: 13 Jan 2021
This paper reports that the Hall-Petch co-efficient (K) dramatically increase when Al is added to CoFeNi/CoCrFeNi alloys. Such a trend is attributed to the ordering mediated nano-clustering in Al containing HEA/CCAs.
5. In situ TEM observation of phase transformation in bulk metallic glass composites
Huaping Sheng, Long Zhang, Haifeng Zhang, Jianbo Wang, Jürgen Eckert & Christoph Gammer
Volume 9, Issue 4 | Pages: 189-194
Published online: 17 Jan 2021
4. Superconductivity in CuAl2-type Co0.2Ni0.1Cu0.1Rh0.3Ir0.3Zr2 with a high-entropy-alloy transition metal site
Yoshikazu Mizuguchi, Md. Riad Kasem & Tatsuma D. Matsuda
Volume 9, Issue 3 | Pages: 141-147
Published online: 20 Dec 2020
We report on the material design, synthesis, and observation of a superconducting transition at 8.0 K in new high-entropy-alloy type compound with a CuAl2 type structure, Co0.2Ni0.1Cu0.1Rh0.3Ir0.3Zr2.
3. Introducing transformation twins in titanium alloys: an evolution of α-variants during additive manufacturing
H. Wang, Q. Chao, L. Yang, M. Cabral, Z. Z. Song, B. Y. Wang, S. Primig, W. Xu, Z. B. Chen, S. P. Ringer & X. Z. Liao
Volume 9, Issue 3 | Pages: 119-126
Published online: 18 Dec 2020
A new twinning mechanism, transformation twinning, was discovered in a Ti–6Al–4V alloy fabricated by selective laser melting. The resulting high density of transformation twins impact the global mechanical properties significantly.
2. Additive friction stir deposition: a deformation processing route to metal additive manufacturing
Volume 9, Issue 2 | Pages: 71-83
Published online: 24 Nov 2020
This paper delineates additive friction stir deposition, which offers a solid-state deformation processing route to metal additive manufacturing and renders fully-dense material with fine, equiaxed microstructures in the as-printed state.
1. Heterostructured materials: superior properties from hetero-zone interaction
Yuntian Zhu, Kei Ameyama, Peter M. Anderson, Irene J. Beyerlein, Huajian Gao, Hyoung Seop Kim, Enrique Lavernia, Suveen Mathaudhu, Hael Mughrabi, Robert O. Ritchie, Nobuhiro Tsuji, Xiangyi Zhang & Xiaolei Wu
Volume 9, Issue 1 | Pages: 1-30
Published online: 27 Sep 2020
This paper delineates heterostructured materials, which are emerging as a new class of materials with unprecedented properties, new materials science and economic industrial production.